June 06 2021
Whether your business is run from home or an office, stock can quickly pile up in a disorganised heap. Keep your workspace neat and tidy by taking advantage of all the benefits a storage unit offers. By storing your stock, paperwork and tools in one of our units, you can ensure you’re as organised as possible rather than running the risk of misplacing or damaging items. This is always a risk when keeping belongings in basements or bedrooms – a problem many small businesses run into as they begin to grow.
If you’re wondering if you can run your business from a storage unit or how it could help you, you’re in the right place. We run through how different companies can use our storage units, as well as the main benefits of doing so.
What businesses can you run from a storage unit?
- Online retailers – As long as you aren’t selling prohibited items, you can store your stock and supplies in a storage unit. This is particularly handy for professional eBay and Etsy sellers.
- Antique seller – Antiques need to be stored carefully in order to keep their value. A storage unit is an ideal place to keep any vintage furniture safe and secure.
- Publishers/book dealers – Books, magazines and brochures quickly build up. Keep your office looking professional by storing them in a dry, clean unit instead.
- Fashion designers – Materials and mannequins take up a lot of space. Keep your room clear by storing your designs here.
- Market stall holders – Keep stock and paperwork safe and organised in a unit.
- Sports clubs – Sports equipment can be bulky, so whether you have a school club or class, you can ensure everything is hidden away conveniently.
- Vintage clothing – Vintage clothes are profitable, but only if they’re in good condition. Ensure you get a decent price by keeping them organised in a unit.
- Mechanic – While you can’t fix cars in a storage unit, you can keep spare parts, tools and equipment there.
- Tradesperson – Plumbers, repair workers and the like can store equipment or spare parts here.
Before going ahead and setting up your business, there are a few rules that you should be aware of. However, most of these items are not commonly used by companies. We’ve written a blog post all about this, which you can find here.
How a Ready Steady Store unit can help your business:
- 24-hour access, so you can take out equipment whenever you need it.
- Safe and secure, including 24-hour CCTV and monitoring.
- No business rates, contract fees or leases so it is a cost-effective option.
- You can pick from a range of sizes to suit your business needs.
- We can provide racking and shelving to keep your unit organised.
- Larger units have power outlets and lighting.
- We offer a receipt and dispatch service so you never have to hang around to send or receive parcels.
- You can buy boxes and packing supplies from our Box Shop, should you need them.
If you’re ready to start your next business venture but don’t know where to put the stock, look no further than Ready Steady Store. With a multitude of options all over the country, our units are both convenient and secure.