June 06 2021
Dreading the big day? Some top tips on how to plan.
- Don’t leave everything until the day before you move. Consider what you don’t need to take with you, what will need careful packing and that you are covered for potential breakages.
- Make a priority list and take your time. As it is a fresh start only take what you really need and use a couple of those boxes to store charity or car boot items.
- Ensure you have enough boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap and marker pens to label things up. Boxes of all sizes will ensure you don’t overload the larger ones.
- Pack an ‘essentials box’ for the first night in your new home – the kettle and tea bags amongst them – and prepare an overnight bag for the family with household necessities.
- Start early and begin at the top of the house and work your way down, labelling boxes for each room as you go.
- Pack important documents together and keep them in a safe place.
- If you have children or pets, try and get a neighbour or friend to look after them whilst you are packing.
- Don’t forget to contact Royal Mail to get your post redirected to your new address.
- Take readings from gas, electricity and water meters – taking digital photographs of the metres to back up your readings.
Don’t forget, if you need somewhere to store your things, we have a wide range of storage units available for every kind of house move!
Ready Steady Store – Self Stoarge for Everyone