June 17 2021
When you think of storage units, you may automatically assume that they’re just for furniture, but that isn’t the case at all. Businesses, in particular, can majorly benefit from having a dedicated storage space away from the office.
In this guide, we’ll talk you through some of the many benefits of business storage as well as what can and can’t be put in your unit.
How can storage help my business?
Using storage allows you to declutter your office and have a more professional space, creating a better working environment for your employees. This will raise the productivity of your team, unlike a busy drab office.
From surplus stock to office furniture, a unit provides you with a safe and secure place in which you can store pretty much anything. You can check up on your belongings and equipment whenever you need to and don’t have to worry about leaving them in risky locations, such as vans or tool sheds.
It’s a convenient solution for busy offices, whether you’re planning a move or simply need somewhere to put your access stationery. There are a plethora of uses for storage units and very little that you can’t store in them. It allows you to keep unneeded stationery and other supplies tucked away until you need them – they’re easy to access too, so you don’t have to worry about being stuck without your supplies.
What can go into storage?
As mentioned, you can put almost anything into storage. Here are some of the best uses for business storage, but you aren’t limited by the following:
- Documents such as invoices, business receipts. Putting them in storage allows you to declutter the office without getting rid of essential paperwork.
- A cheaper way of storing surplus stock as you don’t have to rent a warehouse
- Stationery and supplies, allowing you to buy in bulk batches and save more money.
- Equipment and tools, which is far safer than leaving them in a shed or van.
- Non-essential items.
- Office furniture that you may not currently need but want to save for the future.
- Belongings for an office move.
- Stock for online or at-home businesses.
What can’t I put into storage?
Don’t worry – there’s really not a lot you can’t put into storage. These things aren’t your typical everyday products, so it is highly likely you wouldn’t want to put them into storage anyway. Most of them are to be expected, so we’re sure they won’t be of any surprise:
- Livestock/pets, including fish and birds.
- Opened food or perishable goods – food products will only be accepted if it is securely packed and fully protected.
- Illegal goods, including substances and illegally obtained goods. This includes smuggled/counterfeit tobacco, unlicensed medicines and unsafe goods such as fireworks.
- Gas, paint, petrol, oil or cleaning solvents, plus any other combustible or flammable material or liquid.
- Weapons, explosives, firearms, ammunition.
- Compressed gases, chemicals, radioactive materials or biological agents.
- Toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature.
- Any item which emits any fumes, strong smell or odour.
If you need some more information about what you can store at Ready Steady Store, check out our FAQ section. We have plenty of options when it comes to business storage and can guarantee there’s a space to match your needs.