Business and commercial storage
Whatever business you’re in, space is almost always at a premium. That’s why we provide first-rate business storage that means you can store your equipment, documents or office supplies in a safe, secure place off-site for as long as you need.
Whether you’re moving premises and need somewhere to store your stock or equipment, looking for somewhere to store your goods or need a secure place to keep your documents, you’re in the right place. You can find out exactly what you can and can’t store with us in our FAQs. Our different-sized units and flexible agreements make Ready Steady Store the ideal solution to your business storage needs.
Why choose Ready Steady Store for business storage?
No matter what type of business storage you need, or what you’re planning to store, you can rely on us to provide a secure solution, along with a whole host of other benefits:
- Boxes, bubble wrap and other packing materials are available, should you need them
- 24 hour access available
- 24 hour CCTV
- Local (we’ve got branches throughout the UK)
- Free WiFi
- Contact-free moving when you move in (while under restrictions imposed through the pandemic, you can move into your unit without having contact with anyone else. To arrange, give us a call or get in touch online)
- Unique PIN code entry
- Individually alarmed units (available at some of our stores)
- Delivery receipt and dispatch
- Short and long term storage
- More than 40 different sizes of storage unit
- Flexibility to change your unit size (should you need a bigger unit than the one you booked, there will be an additional charge)
Plus, if you’re a new customer, you’ll get 50% off for up to your first 12 weeks!
Our business storage units
We have more than 40 different-sized units ranging from 20sq ft to 1500sq ft, and (with the exception of 9sq ft lockers), each is at least 8ft high. That means we can easily accommodate your business storage needs, no matter what you need to store or how long you need to store it. Contact your local store to find out what size units are available.
Remember, to make sure you only pay for the space you need, use our size estimator to get a good idea of the size you need, or speak to our storage experts. You can call them free on 0800 321 3211 and they’ll be more than happy to help you.
Short term and long term business storage
Whether you’re moving offices and need somewhere to temporarily store your equipment for a few days* or want somewhere to keep your online business collateral over a few months, Ready Steady Store has a safe, secure short and long term business storage solution for you.
Short term business storage can be a great solution when:
- You’re looking for office storage while you move or renovate your workspace
- You’re after somewhere safe to store your equipment while you’re working on site
- You need somewhere to temporarily house your stock or business surplus
Long term business storage is ideal for when you:
- Need somewhere safe and secure to store documents and paper files
- Want a flexible, convenient place to keep stock and materials for your online business (we can also provide a receipt and dispatch service for any deliveries or packages that you may need to send from or receive at your unit)
- Need a lease-free, flexible warehousing solution for large volumes of stock and materials
*Our minimum storage agreement for business customers is four weeks.
How much does business storage cost?
Business storage costs depend on the size of storage unit you need and how long you need it. They also depend on which part of the country you’re in, so can vary considerably.
For example, on average, a 100sq ft unit – big enough to store the contents of a two-bed house – will cost:
- £19.50 per week* for up to the first 12 weeks in our northern stores
- £16.63 per week* for up to the first 12 weeks in our midlands stores
- £20.25 per week* for up to the first 12 weeks in our southern stores
*All prices are inclusive of VAT and include the initial discount.
Make sure you choose the right-size unit so you only pay for the space you need. Our size estimator can help you find the right unit for your needs. If you do find that you need to change unit sizes for any reason, don’t panic. It’s easy to upsize or downsize, so just contact your store to arrange it.
We also have an introductory offer for all new customers: you get 50% off for up to 12 weeks – perfect if you just need short term business storage. And if you need a longer term solution? We have regular discounts for you too. You can find out more about business storage costs on our blog.
Business storage insurance
The safety and security of your equipment and materials is essential, which is why your goods must be insured to store with us. As insurance is mandatory, it’s up to you to make sure that your stock, documents and tools are fully insured while they’re in storage, so you have the option to:
- Use the option of business storage insurance from Ready Steady Store (the cost of your insurance depends on the value of the items you store with us)
- Use your own business insurance (as long as it covers your goods being held in storage and meets our requirements – speak to our team on 0800 321 3211 to find out more)
You can find more details about our insurance policy requirements on our website. Our insurance includes:
- A new-for-old insurance policy specially developed for business storage that covers damage that might not be a part of your normal business insurance
- Insurance that’s fully approved by the Self Storage Association
If you decide to stick with your existing business insurance, we recommend the following before you set up your business storage agreement:
- You’ll need to bring a letter from your insurer that confirms your policy details and clearly states that your policy matches our policy
- Check with us to make sure your business policy will be accepted. Give our team a call on 0800 321 3211 to discuss it
You can read more information about business storage insurance and what it involves here.
Business storage FAQs
Have a question about business storage? Find the answer in our FAQs. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Give our business storage experts a call for free on 0800 321 3211 and they’ll be happy to help you.
What size storage unit do I need?
It all depends on the type and the number of items you need to store. We have 40 different sizes of units, ranging from locker-sized to double garage, and all are at least 8ft high (with the exception of our 9sq ft lockers). So whatever type of business storage you need, Ready Steady Store have you covered.
You might need less space than you think – especially if you store furniture on its side, or stack items – so make sure you speak to our customer service team on 0800 321 3211 before making a decision. They’ll use their expertise to help you find the right business storage unit for your needs, and all at the right price. Plus, because our business storage options are flexible, you can easily increase or decrease the size of your unit (there will be an additional charge if you find you need a bigger unit than the one you booked originally).
How much does it cost to rent a business storage unit?
You can rent a business storage unit from as little as 60p per day, depending on the size you need (please note: our minimum business storage agreement is four weeks). Getting a quote online is an easy way to see how little your unit will cost.
Do I get reduced rates for business storage?
We don’t offer different rates for businesses but the majority of our business customers take larger units and these typically cost less than smaller ones. Our prices include VAT, so if you are VAT registered, that’s a saving. Don’t forget that with self storage, there are no rates, no lease and no contract fees. You can upsize or downsize your unit as your requirements change, so you only pay for the space you need.
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements and our storage advisors will make sure you get the best deal.
How safe are my belongings when I store them with you?
Security is extremely important to us, which is why we only have security features that have been approved by the UK Self Storage Association and designed by leading industry experts. They include the following at most stores:
- 24 hour CCTV trained on entrances and exits across our premises, as well as monitoring activity inside out buildings (our staff monitor them during office hours, while our surveillance partner monitors them outside of office hours)
- High perimeter fencing
- Unique PIN access buildings and electronic gates (so only customers can access our stores outside office hours)
- Padlock and key access for peace of mind. Unlock your padlock using the corresponding key; you’re the only person who can access your belongings
Our building is also only accessible by PIN code access doors, meaning only our staff and customers can come into the building. We’re also able to record everyone who enters and exits as a result. Our units are only accessible by you, and some of our stores offer individually alarmed units (which you activate when you leave the building) for added peace of mind. Each building is also fitted with fire and smoke detection equipment, so you can be sure that your belongings are safe when you store them with us.
Do I get reduced rates for bulk storage or a longer agreement?
Discounts are available for longer-term agreements – just give us a call and speak to one of our storage advisors to discuss your needs and get the best deal.
How long is the minimum agreement?
Four weeks, though it’s possible to store with us for a shorter period of time (you’ll still have to pay the minimum four weeks’ price, though). Looking to store for longer? No problem – there’s no maximum storage time. However, we recommend that you get in touch with us to discuss your storage needs, as we’ll make sure you get the best price for your stay.
Are packing materials available?
Yes. You can buy tape, boxes and bubble wrap on our site. Alternatively, you can buy it from reception during opening hours. We’ve got you covered, whether you need cardboard boxes, packing tape or padlocks.
Can I hire a van to help me move?
Yes! We have van hire deals with two companies: Enterprise Van Hire and Hertz 24/7. Our Enterprise deal includes:
- A full 24-hour hire period, meaning you can move when you want
- Hire for just £19 per day
- A free pick-up option: Enterprise will collect you and drop you off at your nearest Enterprise location* so you can pick up your van
- A Transit-size van
Speak to your local store or our customer service team to find out more. Terms and conditions apply. Our Hertz 24/7 offer enables you to pick up a van from our stores (only available at our Roseville Rd and Worsley stores, as well as Northampton, Eastleigh, and Tring Road stores). Payable by the hour, you just need to download their app to drive away. Get in touch with your local store or our customer service team for more details. Terms and conditions apply.
*This service is unavailable during the COVID-19 pandemic
Do you offer insurance for my belongings?
Yes. It’s our policy that you’re unable to store with us without insurance (in fact, it’s mandatory), so if you don’t already have a policy in place, you can easily set one up with us. This new-for-old policy has been specially created for business storage and has been fully approved by the Self Storage Association. Find out more on our insurance page.
As with any insurance policy, the price you pay for your cover depends on the value of your items.
What does this insurance cover?
Our insurance covers you for issues caused by:
- Fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, aircraft or articles dropped there from
- Storm, flood, bursting and/or leaking pipes, ingress of water or other liquid substance
- Moths, insects or vermin from an external cause
- Theft accompanied by forcible and violent entry to or exit from the building or storage unit
- Riot, strike, civil commotion, malicious damage
- Impact by vehicles or railway rolling stock
How often can I access my storage?
You can access your storage as and when you need to, as all our stores offer 24-hour access*. Your unique PIN code gives you access to the gates and building, while your key grants access to your padlock that opens your unit, so you can come and go as you please. You’re the only person who has access to your unit. Take a look at our 24 access page to find out more.
*Excluding our Beeston and Shoreham stores
Is free parking available while I visit my storage?
Yes! Because you’re a customer, you can park for free, which means unloading and packing your items is simple and easy.