Find Closest Store
Self storage insurance cover
The safety and security of your possessions is important to us, and you can’t store without contents insurance. That’s why we do everything we can to make sure your things are safe and secure when you store with us.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your goods are insured to the correct value. The insurance we provide covers your goods on a new for old basis.
We offer two options for insuring the contents of your storage unit:
1. Insurance cover through Ready Steady Store
- We are able to secure protection for your goods under our insurance policy, which is specifically created for self storage and provides wide cover including for some perils that are not normally covered under household insurance policies.
- The insurance available is also suitable for customers using our business storage solutions, and is provided by the Self Storage Specialist Brokers, Gallagher & Co. who are affiliates of the Self Storage Association (SSA) UK.
- The cost of cover depends on the value of your things, so get in touch for more information on pricing.
Actual physical loss of or damage to our customers’ property caused by:
- Fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, aircraft or articles dropped there from
- Storm, flood, bursting &/or leaking pipes, ingress of water or other liquid substance
- Moth, insect or vermin from an external cause
- Theft accompanied by forcible and violent entry to or exit from the building or storage unit
- Riot, strike, civil commotion, malicious damage
- Impact by vehicles or railway rolling stock
2. Using an existing policy
- If you prefer, you can use your home contents or business insurance if it covers your goods whilst in storage.
- You’ll need to bring a confirmation letter from your insurance provider when setting up your contract.
- Read through the Insurance Policy Requirements to make sure you’re covered.
If you need any help, please do get in touch.