Find Closest Store
Self storage insurance cover
The safety and security of your possessions is important to us, and you can’t store without contents insurance. That’s why we do everything we can to make sure your things safe and secure when you store with us.
We offer two options for insuring the contents of your storage unit:
1. Insurance cover through Ready Steady Store
- We are happy to arrange a new for old insurance policy, which is specifically created for self storage and covers a wider range of potential incidents than is covered on normal household insurance.
- The insurance we provide is also suitable for customers using our business storage solutions, and is also approved by the Self Storage Association.
- The cost of cover depends on the value of your things, so get in touch for more information on pricing.
Actual physical loss of or damage to our customers’ property caused by:
- Fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, aircraft or articles dropped there from
- Storm, flood, bursting &/or leaking pipes, ingress of water or other liquid substance
- Moth, insect or vermin from an external cause
- Theft accompanied by forcible and violent entry to or exit from the building or storage unit
- Riot, strike, civil commotion, malicious damage
- Impact by vehicles or railway rolling stock
2. Using an existing policy
- If you prefer, you can use your home contents or business insurance if it covers your goods whilst in storage.
- You’ll need to bring a confirmation letter from your insurance provider when setting up your contract.
- Read through the Insurance Policy Requirements to make sure you’re covered.
If you need any help, please do get in touch.