Find Closest Store
Insurance policy requirements
Using your own insurance?
What you need to know
It is a condition of your Storage Licence Agreement with us that you insure your goods whilst they are in storage at Ready Steady Store.
If you choose to use your own household contents insurance whilst storing with us, your insurance provider must confirm the following information to us in writing:
- Insurer’s name – the letter must be on insurance company official headed paper and be an original rather than photocopy or print out.
- That the goods are indeed covered whilst in storage at Ready Steady Store (Store address)
- Period of insurance cover (From and to)
- Maximum value of goods (Sum insured)
- That all the following Insured Perils are confirmed as covered under the policy from your provider:
- Actual physical loss of or damage to our customers’ property caused by fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, aircraft or articles dropped there from
- Storm, flood, bursting &/or leaking pipes, ingress of water or other liquid substance
- Moth, insect or vermin from an external cause
- Theft accompanied by forcible and violent entry to or exit from the building or storage unit
- Riot, strike, civil commotion, malicious damage
- Impact by vehicles or railway rolling stock
This information is required to ensure that you are adequately insured to use self storage.
If you have any questions about which your own insurance covers your things whilst in storage, please do not hesitate to get in touch.