Find Closest Store
Sports Equipment Storage
Sports equipment can be a big investment, so it’s important to make sure you’re able to keep it safe and secure. From personal hobbies to professional sports clubs, we all need a little extra space sometimes. Self-storage can be the ideal solution:
Short-term sports equipment storage is perfect for
- Your sport’s offseason
- Reorganising your home
- Keeping items safe while moving house
- Temporary storage while travelling
Long-term sports equipment storage is perfect for
- Large pieces of equipment
- Freeing up space at home
- Semi-professional sports facilities
Why choose Ready Steady Store for sports equipment storage?
We’re dedicated to delivering top-notch security that offers a convenient solution no matter what you’re looking to store. Our facilities offer a range of storage unit sizes, making them suitable for a wide range of sports equipment.
The benefits of storage with Ready Steady Store include:
- Short and long term storage
- More than 40 different sizes of storage units
- Flexibility – you can change your unit size to accommodate your belongings (there will be an additional charge if you need a bigger unit than the one you’ve booked)
- Local (we’ve got branches throughout the UK)
- 24-hour access available
- Unique PIN code entry
- Individually alarmed units (available at some of our stores)
- Contact-free moving when you move in (to help maintain social distancing, you can rent and move into your unit without seeing anyone – simply give us a call or arrange online)
- Free WiFi
- 24-hour CCTV
- Boxes, bubble wrap and other packing materials are available, should you need them
Our Sports Equipment Storage Units
With units available in a range of sizes, Ready Steady Store has something to suit your storage needs. We’ve got everything from 9 sq ft lockers to 100 sq ft units, and with many of our facilities offering extra-large 300 sq ft units, so there’s plenty of space on offer. We can store just about any sports equipment, including:
- Golf clubs
- Mountain bikes
- Skis and snowboards
- Surfboards, canoes, kayaks and boats
- Hockey equipment
- Tents and camping equipment
Take a look at our Size Estimator to see how much space you need, or call our storage experts FREE on 0800 321 3211, and they’ll be happy to advise you.
How Much Does Sports Equipment Storage Cost?
Ready Steady Store offers flexible, affordable storage solutions for sports equipment and anything else you’d like us to look after for you. We offer flexible, short-term storage options from as little as two weeks, which is ideal if you’re a student or looking to keep your equipment safe while you’re travelling.
Prices are based on your chosen location, the size of the unit you require, and the length of time you use it for. For example, on average, a 50sq ft unit – big enough to store the contents of a one-bed flat – will cost:
- £9.25 per week* up to 12 weeks in our northern stores
- £9.50 per week* up to 12 weeks in our midlands stores
- £14.25 per week* up to 12 weeks in our southern stores
*This price shows the 50% discount for the first 12 weeks
Take a look at our guide to self-storage prices for a better idea of what to expect.
We have a huge range of different unit sizes, so we’re sure to offer something to suit your requirements. To get the best value, we recommend renting the smallest size you can to avoid spending money on space you aren’t using. New customers get 50% off for up to 12 weeks—a great offer if you’re looking for short-term sports equipment storage. We also give discounts for long-term storage, so you’ll get a great deal no matter how long you require our services.
Select your nearest store for a free online quote.
Sports Equipment Storage Insurance
Insurance is mandatory for storing your belongings, which is why you can’t store with RSS without contents insurance. It’s your responsibility to make sure your belongings are insured while they’re in storage, so you have the option to:
- Take out sports equipment storage insurance through Ready Steady Store
- Use your own home contents insurance (providing it covers your goods being in storage and meets our requirements – speak to our team to find out more. Give them a call on 0800 321 3211)
You can find out more about our insurance policy requirements on our website. Our insurance includes:
- A new-for-old insurance policy that’s specially created for self storage and covers a broad range of incidents that may not be covered under your normal household policy
- Insurance approved by the Self Storage Association
Of course, the cost of the insurance depends on the value of your belongings. If you choose to go with your existing contents insurance, before setting up your personal storage agreement you’ll need to:
- Bring a letter from your insurance provider that confirms your policy details and clearly states that it matches our policy
- Check with us to make sure your home policy will be accepted. Give our team a call on 0800 321 3211 to discuss it
Read more about sports equipment storage insurance and what it involves. If you’re not sure about your insurance cover, talk to our experts FREE on 0800 321 3211 and they’ll be able to help.
Sports Equipment Storage FAQs
How often can I access my stored equipment?
With your own PIN code to enter the building and your own key to your unit, you can access anything you’ve stored with us 24-hours a day. You won’t be restricted to our office hours, though there may not always be a member of staff on-site.
How safe is my sports equipment?
Safety and security are our top priorities. Each location uses PIN access, so only our staff and customers can access the car park outside regular office hours. Many of our facilities are also protected by high perimeter fencing. The premises are protected by CCTV 24 hours a day, with cameras also covering the entrances and exits. These cameras are monitored by Ready Steady Store staff during office hours, and by our surveillance partners outside normal working hours. All of our stores are fitted with smoke and fire detectors, and some also offer individually alarmed units for additional peace of mind.
Can you help me to transport my sports equipment?
We’ve partnered with Enterprise Van Hire to offer an exclusive deal for Ready Steady Store customers who require transport for moving in to their storage units. This offer includes:
- Van hire from £19 per day
- An Enterprise transit-size van for a full 24-hour period
Do you offer free parking?
Yes. All of our stores offer free parking for our customers. This allows you to easily drop off or collect large pieces of equipment with ease. Some units also offer drive-up access, which is ideal for unloading items like boats. Items such as jet skis can be stored in units, so long as the fuel is drained from the petrol tank.
While renting equipment helps to free up space in your home, if you’re a sports enthusiast you’ll know that the right equipment makes a huge impact. There’s no need to compromise by using rental equipment that isn’t right for you; simply take advantage of our great value storage facilities and know that your gear is never far away.
Whether you need to store large sports equipment that doesn’t easily fit in your home, or you’re looking for somewhere to keep it safe out of season, self-storage is a great solution. Whatever type of sport you’re into, there’s space for your kit at Ready Steady Store.
If you have any more questions, take a look at our FAQs page, or talk to our storage experts FREE on 0800 321 3211.
See how it works
We also provide: